The use of essential oils for skin treatment is becoming more common every day, and they offer visible results at a relatively affordable cost. The treatments and procedures are simple, and you can make them yourself.
Since essential oils are very concentrated, some may irritate the skin, so we recommend always diluting them in another substance, which may be vegetable oils such as olive, almond, sesame, flax, avocado, argon or coconut. They can also be diluted in the aloe vera gel, which already is good for the skin.
A simple way to use them is to add a few drops of the essential oil to the product that we usually use to treat our skin, such as body moisturizer, nourishing cream for the skin, facial tonic, shampoo, among others, and we can also use them to massage.
Here are some of the essential oils and their positive effects on the skin:
- Sweet orange: this oil helps us fight the microbes and for its properties and its aroma is ideal to add to all kinds of moisturizers.
- Lemon: Antiseptic and depurative, ideal for cleaning stains and impurities. Both orange and lemon, thanks to their content in vitamin C, help improve the firmness of the skin.
- Mint: mint oil is energizing and refreshes the skin, which makes it ideal for summer. It is slightly stimulating. We recommend it to be used in massages.
- Lavender: one of the most relaxing oils. It also helps relieve recent burns and heal wounds.
- Juniper: this oil is energizing, improves circulation, gives warmth and is very useful when applied in massages on the lower back.
- Geranium: This oil is an excellent skin regenerator, ideal for blending with our moisturizing creams.
- Rosemary: this oil improves circulation, so we can always add some droplets to our leg creams and even to shampoo.